Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Dept. of Short-Lived Ideas

I had the notion of applying for press credentials and blogging from the Darmstädter Ferienkurs this August. But before dashing off an email, I took a look at the program (featured composers: André, Aperghis, Furrer, Hölszky, Hosokawa, Lachenmann, Mack, Reudenbach) and better judgement took over.

Okay, I might drive down to hear something by Dieter Mack, but the combination of this program (bleak, grim, bleaker, grimey, grimmer) and sweltering, dusty Darmstadt in August is just not promising stuff for a "what I did in my summer vacation" essay.


1 comment:

Civic Center said...

I love "bleak, grim, bleaker, grimey, grimmer" as a description of a potential concert date. And I don't know about anybody else, but I like it that you're writing a lot, so please continue.