Monday, March 26, 2007

eBay Commissions

Celeste Hutchins has joined Dennis Báthory-Kitsz in offering commissions via eBay. This is probably one of the ways in New Music is going to move and Dennis and Celeste are real pioneers, so summon your own pioneering spirits, step up, and give 'em a commission.

(I'm not quite ready to join the eBay-ers myself, as I still enjoy negotiating with mysterious commissioners with obscure accents and loud ties via messenger pigeons, late-night Ham radio broadcasts, and sometimes even an actual rendezvous or two in the back room of my favorite billiard parlor. (I admit that it's not good bidness sense but, for some reason, still like to think of the whole artist/patron cha-cha as something romantic in a world starved for the same). In any case, having a variety of business models is a good thing. Isn't life grand?)

No comments: